Insurercore is the trading name of Insurercore Ltd. We are a limited company, registered in England, that provides a platform that enables underwriters and Insurance Agents to connect in real time. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This statement sets out how we process personal data, and the way that cookies are used on our website.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Jo Wall, Business Manager, Insurercore Ltd of 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE.
What personal information do we collect and why?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you or your employer uploads into our Insurercore platform. This includes information about you and the company that you work for. This information is used to provide the platform functionality. We may also analyse the information to help improve the platform.
- Information that you provide us with when discussing our product. This includes your name and contact details. The information is used so that we can manage your enquiry.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service. We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to administer our site and our platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, market analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and our platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and our platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service and to comply with any legal obligations;
- Information we collect when you call us. If you call us, we will automatically collect the following information:
- the phone number used to call us
- a recording of all inbound and outbound calls.
How long do we keep your information?
- Information on our Insurercore platform. We will keep your information on our platform for so long as your company have a registered Insurercore company account. Once the company account is deactivated, or your company delete your data, then the data will take up to 30 days before it is deleted from the platform and its backups.
- If you wish to delete your profile, an authorising user within your company (Super User or Administrator) can remove it. You may also request its removal directly from Insurercore.
- We will normally keep financial information containing personal data (such as your name) for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records. This period has been selected as it is 1 year longer than the standard limitation period for bringing a legal claim and we may therefore require the data in relation to such a claim.
- Telephone records. We will keep these up to 3 months from the time the recording was made.
Who might we share your information with?
We may need to share your personal information with:
- Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to support the platform;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and our app;
- Other users of the service in the provision of the service.
- The Authorising User (Super User or Administrator) who will be able to accept your profile.
- The Authorising User (Super User or Administrator) who will review any Product, Scheme or Specialisation (risk appetite) information that you provide and may accept.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How your data is stored and kept secure
At Insurercore, we make your safety and security our top priority and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Union (EU). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EU, we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with EU and UK data protection legislation.
The Insurercore platform is hosted on our own network within a trusted and secure environment at a major trusted data centre provider.
Our business hosts data only with trusted and secure service providers who comply with UK and EU legislation.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting Jo Wall, Business Manager, Insurercore Ltd, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right:
- to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your data, for example, you can withdraw consent if you had previously agreed to receiving marketing emails;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for your personal data to be erased;
- to ask for a copy of your personal data to be provided in a machine-readable form;
If you are dissatisfied with any service provided by Insurercore, you can make a complaint through our formal complaints procedure which can be found at www.insurercore.com/faq. If you are not satisfied with the processing of your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which is the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK. We request that you first bring any complaint to our attention before contacting the ICO so that we may take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
Accessing your personal information. You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. You may make an access request by writing to Insurercore, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE or emailing us at email@example.com. Any access request will be processed as required by law and will be free of charge.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy